Regardless of how well Swerve's promo goes, on Collison, AEW shows how much storytelling matters?

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Swerve should still be celebrating his AEW championship win. There should’ve been a celebration on Dynamite…cutting a heartfelt promo thanking his family, friends and fans.

Instead they threw him in a title eliminator match against Kyle Fletcher (Who I think has potential to become something in the future) but not on the first Dynamite show after the big ppv :francis:

They could’ve had the match tonight on Collision instead…but I’m not Tony Kahn so I don’t know shyt.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
When Swerve's first match after winning the world title is against Kyle Fletcher who has lost four straight TV singles matches in AEW:
Why is Swerve wasting his time wrestling a guy that has lost four straight singles matches? This is some bullshyt booking, fukk Tony Khan I hope AEW dies.

When Cody's first match since winning the world title is against Carmelo Hayes, who has lost four straight main roster TV singles matches:
What a great match and showcase for an up and coming talent. Carmelo is HIM. Triple H, I bask in your glory and I present to you my anus for you to do with as you wish.
It’s fukkin weird how these guys act. That Indy spot where they jumped the ropes was dumb. Sure, it woulda looked cool if they landed it, but it’s still indy. Just like the Logan Paul/Ricoxhet spots.

Just because it’s in the E they’re all :gladbron:, but let it happen on AEW or an Indy show and it woulda been :scust: no matter if it landed or not. :snoop:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Kyle Fletcher is actually a champion, why shouldn’t he get an eliminator match? Where’s Melo’s belt? :troll:

i thought the match on Wednesday was unnecessary, but yall wanna defend the difference so fukk ya tribal queefs. :mjgrin:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Shouldn't I be asking you that? I don't care that you hate watch AEW... if that's what you enjoy then do you. I couldn't imagine watching something I think is trash. I gave up on WCW in 2000 when I was a kid... I was like WTF is this shyt? And never went back until the last Nitro.

There is no schtick with me. I prefer WWE most of the time but I still can find enjoyment in both companies.

watching something with an objective mind isn't "hate watching." Is it considered 'hate watching' if you watch a NFL game with 2 teams under .500 and you don't have much positive shyt to say about either of them? When I watched Panthers-Falcons last year, was I "hate watching" it?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
watching something with an objective mind isn't "hate watching." Is it considered 'hate watching' if you watch a NFL game with 2 teams under .500 and you don't have much positive shyt to say about either of them? When I watched Panthers-Falcons last year, was I "hate watching" it?

I don't know if you were hate watching NFL games... my point was most people don't hate watch at all. :mjlol:

Also, it's beyond hate watching. You discuss AEW's ticket sales and ratings ad nauseum but I don't remember you doing that when the ratings were better or when the attendance was a lot better so why now? :jbhmm:

And I know it's not because you are "concerned" because you discuss WWE ticket sales and all of their sellouts they've been having but you never discussed WWE attendance when they were struggling to sell seats. :pachaha:

Like I said.... do you.... Lol

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
All you do is complain about AEW. I’ve never read anything positive from you regarding them. Probably sit at home watching the shows looking for every little thing to criticize like…

blackbook-write.gif

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
This example don't fly here. Football is a sport. Wrestling is a TV show. The comparison should be more like, "if you don't like The Simpsons, why watch The Simpsons?" Wrestling is scripted. Football is not.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I know I aint just seen Carmelo Hayes compared to cornball ass Kyle Fletcher.

Y'all know, Cody had a 30 minute segment with The Rock the day after he won the title, right?

They didn't just send him out there to wrestle a bum.
:yeshrug:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
This example don't fly here. Football is a sport. Wrestling is a TV show. The comparison should be more like, "if you don't like The Simpsons, why watch The Simpsons?" Wrestling is scripted. Football is not.

Wrestling is a fictionalized sport. The reason WWE (and AEW soon) are making more money than ever before is because TV networks treat them like a sport and pay them accordingly. If wrestling was considered the same as CSI or Abbott Elementary they wouldn't be getting 9 figure TV rights fees.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
All you do is complain about AEW. I’ve never read anything positive from you regarding them. Probably sit at home watching the shows looking for every little thing to criticize like…

blackbook-write.gif

I literally said I enjoyed the show closing angle on Dynamite in the thread 3 nights ago

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Wrestling is a fictionalized sport. The reason WWE (and AEW soon) are making more money than ever before is because TV networks treat them like a sport and pay them accordingly. If wrestling was considered the same as CSI or Abbott Elementary they wouldn't be getting 9 figure TV rights fees.

They don't treat them like a sport at all. The reason why FOX let WWE go is because the ad sales were mid compared to what an actual sport would get.

WWE does get treated better than a lot of TV but that's because it's

1. Live and does well in the 18-49 while being live
2. It's on 52 weeks a year and fills a lot of air time

But to say it's treated as a "sport"... if it was... FOX wouldn't have said... "see ya later..." they would have competed for the rights.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Even if he said he "liked" the closing angle.. he was one of the people acting like the sky was falling because Tony Khan namedropped Weinstein. Nobody gave a fukk in the real world, only online dweebs.

That dude Sapp even reached out to NFL Network to see if they cared and they didn't... they said it was a great interview LOL...

The shyt some of you try to say in here is comical to me hahaha

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
They don't treat them like a sport at all. The reason why FOX let WWE go is because the ad sales were mid compared to what an actual sport would get.

WWE does get treated better than a lot of TV but that's because it's

1. Live and does well in the 18-49 while being live
2. It's on 52 weeks a year and fills a lot of air time

But to say it's treated as a "sport"... if it was... FOX wouldn't have said... "see ya later..." they would have competed for the rights.

that Forbes article that gave AEW the $2B valuation listed them under the most valuable "Combat Sports" promotions

during the same interview Tony Khan made the Weinstein comment he said: "We are the most successful sports start-up since the AFL (American Football League), pre-merger"

Even if he said he "liked" the closing angle.. he was one of the people acting like the sky was falling because Tony Khan namedropped Weinstein. Nobody gave a fukk in the real world, only online dweebs.

That dude Sapp even reached out to NFL Network to see if they cared and they didn't... they said it was a great interview LOL...

The shyt some of you try to say in here is comical to me hahaha

did I? What did I say? Please quote me :jbhmm: I'll wait...