Regardless of how well Swerve's promo goes, on Collison, AEW shows how much storytelling matters?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
When Cody's first match since winning the world title is against Carmelo Hayes, who has lost four straight main roster TV singles matches:
What a great match and showcase for an up and coming talent. Carmelo is HIM. Triple H, I bask in your glory and I present to you my anus for you to do with as you wish.
:camby:

Don't try to drag Melo into the mud with this bullshyt.

Last edited:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Two completely different situations

One a jobber who has won a match since last year (ROH doesn’t count) get a number 1 contenders match when he did nothing to deserve it

Two an newcomer who’s known for being cocky & wants to beat the best Challenges the number 1 Guy in the company to a NON TITLE match in a showcase match
If ROH doesn't count for Fletch, why does NXT count for Hayes?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Tony khan really got y’all looking crazy trying to defend every dumb decision he makes:dead:

Who is crazier.... the people who take Sean Ross Sapp's word on it or the people dreaming up all types of conspiracies with no reporting at all :mjlol:

Sit this one out lol... Sapp could be wrong but nobody wanna hear these "theories" from WWE stooges.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
If ROH doesn't count for Fletch, why does NXT count for Hayes?

NXT gets 600K viewers every week on national television. ROH is on an online only streaming service that has like 10K subscribers. Plenty of people see Carmelo's victories/stories/etc. The same can't be said for Fletcher on ROH

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
NXT gets 600K viewers every week on national television. ROH is on an online only streaming service that has like 10K subscribers. Plenty of people see Carmelo's victories/stories/etc. The same can't be said for Fletcher on ROH

NXT victories count when WWE decides they want them to count. There are times when WWE ignores what happened in NXT.... Fans put more thought into these kinds of things than the writers do.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
NXT victories count when WWE decides they want them to count. There are times when WWE ignores what happened in NXT.... Fans put more thought into these kinds of things than the writers do.

I’m not talking about their win/loss records, I’m talking credibility with the audience. When Melo came out on Smackdown there were 13K people chanting “Whoop that trick” at him because of a storyline that existed almost exclusively on NXT. There’s more crossover between the Raw/SD audience and NXT than there is AEW and the weekly ROH programming. Do you think there’s any storyline on ROH TV right now that would have 3500 people chanting about it at Dynamite? Most of the AEW audience doesn’t see the victories Fletcher racks up or any of his promos, he’s just the guy in the Callis family with the bad hair who does cool moves but eats all the pins

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Most of the AEW audience doesn’t see the victories Fletcher racks up or any of his promos, he’s just the guy in the Callis family with the bad hair who does cool moves but eats all the pins

None of that matters... it was a non-title match. Triple H had non-title matches against people like Taka and Maven, for example. I could see this argument if one of these guys was receiving a title match but neither Fletcher or Melo had a title match so the argument means zero.. you're arguing because you are pro-WWE and Cattle is arguing about it because he is pro-AEW.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
None of that matters... it was a non-title match. Triple H had non-title matches against people like Taka and Maven, for example. I could see this argument if one of these guys was receiving a title match but neither Fletcher or Melo had a title match so the argument means zero.. you're arguing because you are pro-WWE and Cattle is arguing about it because he is pro-AEW.

:heh: Doesn’t it ever get tired doing the same shtick day in and day out? Hope you get as much enjoyment from all this for all the time you put into it, truly :salute:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:heh: Doesn’t it ever get tired doing the same shtick day in and day out?

Shouldn't I be asking you that? I don't care that you hate watch AEW... if that's what you enjoy then do you. I couldn't imagine watching something I think is trash. I gave up on WCW in 2000 when I was a kid... I was like WTF is this shyt? And never went back until the last Nitro.

There is no schtick with me. I prefer WWE most of the time but I still can find enjoyment in both companies.