@Brooklynzson @cook
FlawedRichBrontosaurus-small.gif

The M.I.C.

The King In The West ๐Ÿ‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
:DAIGOYANKEE: I don't know breh. I wish I did.
In the last few years Brook and Cook have been seemingly non-existent.

There was a time where it really felt like they were trying to improve the site and then rumors of conflict behind the scenes between admins started popping up and things have become stagnant and in some ways, completely deteriorated since then.
The home page is gone, featured threads is gone, private groups are gone, and a bunch of other features.
The overall spirit of what made the coli special has been dying IMO...at least compared to the way it used to be.

Supposedly a lot of those features caused a bunch of problems with the servers, but for all the features that were taken away, what we got in their place was a bunch of obtrusive advertisements and ridiculous redirects to other web pages. I don't assume running a popular forum is easy, and maybe I'm making some unfair assumptions...but my perception (which could be entirely wrong) is that the site has been abandoned...at least to a degree. It doesn't feel like it's as much of a priority as it used to be. (Again, that's just my perception based on the "quality" of the site and the changes that have been made).

@cook leaving seems to be when things fell off tbh and this is no disrespect to Brook but it's very apparent that shyt started a decline afterward.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@cook leaving seems to be when things fell off tbh and this is no disrespect to Brook but it's very apparent that shyt started a decline afterward.
I've asked a few times and have been told that he's still around.
I try to avoid speaking on things I know nothing about so I measure my words carefully.
What it looks like (I could be 100% wrong and mean no disrespect but stating any of this) is Cook did the admin work on the site, and Brook did the marketing/"Face of the brand" sort of deal.
Cook may have left and Brook may be overwhelmed with the admin side of things.
This could be 100% off base. Again, just going by the way it seems, with no real knowledge of what's going on.
I'm not trying to undermine anyone's efforts either. It just seems like the parts of the site that would require some technical know-how have been neglected.
Also, we would never know who officially owns the site on paper. That would effect the decisions being made as well.

The M.I.C.

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've asked a few times and have been told that he's still around.
I try to avoid speaking on things I know nothing about so I measure my words carefully.
What it looks like (I could be 100% wrong and mean no disrespect but stating any of this) is Cook did the admin work on the site, and Brook did the marketing/"Face of the brand" sort of deal.
Cook may have left and Brook may be overwhelmed with the admin side of things.
This could be 100% off base. Again, just going by the way it seems, with no real knowledge of what's going on.
I'm not trying to undermine anyone's efforts either. It just seems like the parts of the site that would require some technical know-how have been neglected.
Also, we would never know who officially owns the site on paper. That would effect the decisions being made as well.

The funny thing is that Xenforo just released a new update and it makes all the forums using them look much cleaner and slick, I wonder if this will happen here? It might remediate some of the issues they had with groups, most daps and such.

The M.I.C.

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The funny thing is that Xenforo just released a new update and it makes all the forums using them look much cleaner and slick, I wonder if this will happen here? It might remediate some of the issues they had with groups, most daps and such.

This was two years ago.

Forum is behind by three software updates at the moment.

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
This was two years ago.

Forum is behind by three software updates at the moment.
We ain't ever getting that update. Still crazy we lost custom smileys. It's like a modern video game dev going 3 steps backwards instead of using the new tools they have now

Come back Cook and Brook we miss you talk to us

:mjcry:

Fred

The M.I.C.

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:DAIGOYANKEE: I don't know breh. I wish I did.
In the last few years Brook and Cook have been seemingly non-existent.

There was a time where it really felt like they were trying to improve the site and then rumors of conflict behind the scenes between admins started popping up and things have become stagnant and in some ways, completely deteriorated since then.
The home page is gone, featured threads is gone, private groups are gone, and a bunch of other features.
The overall spirit of what made the coli special has been dying IMO...at least compared to the way it used to be.

Supposedly a lot of those features caused a bunch of problems with the servers, but for all the features that were taken away, what we got in their place was a bunch of obtrusive advertisements and ridiculous redirects to other web pages. I don't assume running a popular forum is easy, and maybe I'm making some unfair assumptions...but my perception (which could be entirely wrong) is that the site has been abandoned...at least to a degree. It doesn't feel like it's as much of a priority as it used to be. (Again, that's just my perception based on the "quality" of the site and the changes that have been made).

All this time has passed and itโ€™s only gotten worse tbh. Weโ€™re basically just coasting until the waves stop pushing us.

We ain't ever getting that update. Still crazy we lost custom smileys. It's like a modern video game dev going 3 steps backwards instead of using the new tools they have now

Come back Cook and Brook we miss you talk to us

:mjcry:

Fred

Iโ€™ve accepted it.

Still waiting on @Brooklynzson to at least update the HOF and WOAT thread in the Bushes from last year. You have mods who have left the site for the most part still wearing badges and no changes have been made. It what it is.

KingsOfKings

๐”ป๐•ฃ๐•–๐•’๐•ž ๐•„๐•–๐•ฃ๐•”๐•™๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ
Daps
To the person that sent the warning point on a old as thread you might want to actually log in and update your site. RESPECTFULLY sense others have been trying too.