even tho Jay lost the battle to Nas I think The Takover still knocks

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Hov my goat and I'm a queens nikka but he doesn't know how to handle nikkas like 50, game, Ross, cam etc. He better than all but those 4 handle beef in a way that clearly hov want no part of. Years of trolling and digging up dirt etc. He see it as not a lyrical show down as he know he above them but sees it as not worth the drama engaging too much with nikkas like those 4. And like you said not in fear of Street ish either. It's either their buzz or pettiness.

I was born in Queens too my nicca
:salute:

yeah Jay basically said in the mid 2000s that he wasn't getting into anymore straight up battles, because he didn't want to get hit by a "haymaker" because there's so much more people can say about him because of his popularity and long career

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
Jay won't ducking no 50, revisionists history I swear

I remember when 50 made how to Rob and Jay dissed him back "I'm about a dollar, what the fvck is 50 Cents

then later on in an interview Jay straight up said "ain't nobody scared of 50"

and speaking of ducking, when 50 dissed Big Punisher, Pun checked him on the song 'My Turn" where he basically said he wasn't no studio rapper and that he would shoot him or whip his a$$, plus Pun was 100 times better lyrically than 50, so 50 woulda lost an on wax battle too

I don't know why some cats act like 50 was the Deebo or rap and everybody was scared of him

now, let's not derail breh, this is about The Takeover
Jay only gave 50 that Ima bout a dollar line cause he didnt take 50 as a threat. He still ducked him on Takeover and never engaged after Vol 3. No revision just facts breh. 50 had the W in that beef.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Jay only gave 50 that Ima bout a dollar line cause he didnt take 50 as a threat. He still ducked him on Takeover and never engaged after that. No revision just facts breh. 50 had the W in that beef.

I gotta respectfully disagree, Takeover dropped in 2001, there was no reason for Jay to address 50 in 2001 on The Takeover, GRODT dropped a couple years later

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
I gotta respectfully disagree, Takeover dropped in 2001, there was no reason for Jay to address 50 in 2001 on The Takeover, GRODT dropped a couple years later
50 dropped Be A Gentleman in 2002. Hov didnt say shyt and ignored him cause he didnt take 50 as a threat and already got Ethered by Nas. Then 50 blew up and Hov stayed quiet. I know it hurt Hov that 50 got so big and he had to allow him to perform at Superbowl at Ems request.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
50 dropped Be A Gentleman in 2002. Hov didnt say shyt and ignored him cause he didnt take 50 as a threat and already got Ethered by Nas. Then 50 blew up and Hov stayed quiet. I know it hurt Hov that 50 got so big and he had to allow him to perform at Superbowl at Ems request.

you answered your own question breh, Jay didn't respond to 50 on The Takeover as a threat in 2001

And you answered your other question too, after Ether Jay was not interested in having anymore high profile battles, so he had nothing to gain by battling 50 by that time in Jay's career, it wasn't fear, it was just moving smart

He did sub 50 a few times "yall respect the one who got shot, I respect the shooter"

But I didn't know Eminem had him perform at the Superbowl with 50, that's funny to me, no answer for that one breh, lol

Theflash

Pro
Daps
breh I was literally riding around listening to the Blueprint when it dropped Sept 11th and countless times riding around listening to it because that particular September was hot and sunny

and the point of the thread wasn't a typical Nas vs Jay thread, mothafvcka I don't NEED to pick a side, I acknowledged Nas had the better diss, but The Takeover is an overall great song

step your reading comprehension game up and stop dap fishing

and before you get in your feelings, you're the one who disresped me first, so you're in the wrong

don't try to spin it

and on a sidenote he11 New I ain't from upstate
I actually think they should move The Brooklyn Nets to Buffalo because The Knicks are the team of the boroughs

but I digress
If you dont pick a side you gay. And now u wanna include 9/11 :childplease: . Wouldn't get in feelings about you replying i said some shyt you allowed to say shyt back:manny:

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
If you dont pick a side you gay. And now u wanna include 9/11 :childplease: . Wouldn't get in feelings about you replying i said some shyt you allowed to say shyt back:manny:

there's no need to pick a side genius, I can walk and chew gum at the same time, and I can appreciate too great rappers at the same time.

Not everything in life is black and white, most of it is grey

now let me watch the rest of this quarter so Boston can hurry up and close out this game so we can get to The Lakers and Denver

Theflash

Pro
Daps
there's no need to pick a side genius, I can walk and chew gum at the same time, and I can appreciate too great rappers at the same time.

Not everything in life is black and white, most of it is grey

now let me watch the rest of this quarter so Boston can hurry up and close out this game so we can get to The Lakers and Denver
So you gay then.. ok :obama: