even tho Jay lost the battle to Nas I think The Takover still knocks

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
first of all at the time of the battle Jay Z and Nas were my two favorite rappers, just so yall know I don't have an agenda

but even tho Jay lost the battle to Nas I think The Takeover is a better overall song

first off the beat knocked in an upbeat soul sampled way, and even tho Jay lost he was still spittin

matter of fact The Takeover is the only battle song I will listen to on a nice sunny day

don't get me wrong, Nas won with Ether but I don't listen to Ether that much

I still listen to Hit Em Up too, most vicious battle rap ever imo

anybody else still like The Takeover as an overall song, and not just the disses

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Dumb argument tbh. Bc it’s not some either or proposition

Takeover was possibly the greatest diss track ever…for about 4 months. Then it became Ether. So wouldn’t that just move Takeover down to #2 diss of all time? :wtf: Instead people talk about Takeover like some indie sleeper as if the song magically became wack :heh:

Ether #1. Takeover #2. It’s sad hip hop has the most fickle, emotional fanbase that that is such a hard concept to grasp

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Never forget Jay was ducking 50 on Takeover.

Nas and 50 both ethered Hov

Jay won't ducking no 50, revisionists history I swear

I remember when 50 made how to Rob and Jay dissed him back "I'm about a dollar, what the fvck is 50 Cents

then later on in an interview Jay straight up said "ain't nobody scared of 50"

and speaking of ducking, when 50 dissed Big Punisher, Pun checked him on the song 'My Turn" where he basically said he wasn't no studio rapper and that he would shoot him or whip his a$$, plus Pun was 100 times better lyrically than 50, so 50 woulda lost an on wax battle too

I don't know why some cats act like 50 was the Deebo or rap and everybody was scared of him

now, let's not derail breh, this is about The Takeover