KD might've created another failed Superteam

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
They did win 73 games and made it to the finals the year before KD joined. It’s safe to say they had a good team so 32-4 means little. KD was needed for his superior iso skills in the playoffs when all that running around got bottled up. They ain’t need KD to win in the regular season
sounds like KD needed Steph because his iso skills never got it done in the playoffs :sas2:

the movement got them rings before and after KD :sas1:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
That's cap

How is it cap when it’s never happened?:mjtf:
Step could beat the the cavs even if they were healthy they would of won that first chip regardless and LeBron did some ho ass shyt and got Draymond suspended in the second year they would of lost in 5

He couldn’t that’s why they ran to get KD in the first place. KD was brought in to guarantee that the Warriors wouldn’t lose in a series again to Lebron’s cavs.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
KD's inclusion to that roster added an air of fear and unstoppability to that team, an already GREAT team, that had something missing. An already great team with Steph Curry. More people favored Durant as the better player of the two, and that sentiment was heightened when we watched the 2019 Finals...

Again, I have Steph ahead of him historically by a few, and I think he's been a better player than Durant since their split. That's basically 4 years, 3 if you subtract the '20 season they've both missed...

Steph's been the better player of the two for 3 to 4 years. Steph had the higher peak. Steph is a better #1 and is more accomplished player, period...

But Durant was the better player when they played together, and from Steph's career beginning in 2009 thru at minimum 2015, Durant was the better player...
KD was the better player in 2021. It wasn’t until the 2022 finals where Steph was considered better. If the Nets don’t all get hurt in 2021, it’s a different convo. Outside of that 2022 year, Steph hasn’t been a better regular season player and they both lost in the second round last year.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
KD was the better player in 2021. It wasn’t until the 2022 finals where Steph was considered better. If the Nets don’t all get hurt in 2021, it’s a different convo. Outside of that 2022 year, Steph hasn’t been a better regular season player and they both lost in the second round last year.
I think the level Steph was playing in '21 gives him some credence given Durant missed like half that season. But we could say '21 was a wash...

'16 was Steph's peak year and you could argue he was the best player in ball that regular season, but I don't remember it being widely accepted that he was a better player than Durant........it was just, "holy shyt, do you see the year this guy Steph is having"....

So I'd agree that, certainly before the 2020-21 season, there is no definitive year you could say Steph was a better player than Durant. But you could definitely, at minimum, give Durant the first 6 years of Steph's career, that he was a better player than Steph, and again most people in the moment accepted that KD was better, when they played together. This shyt about Steph being better for those 3 years is a complete revision of what the common view of them both was at the time...

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Hopefully the Suns get better, but I'm not overly optimistic, which sucks because his numbers are amazing as usual. At 35, I wonder how many seasons like this he has in the tank.

Just want him to win 1 more ring :mjcry:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
I think the level Steph was playing in '21 gives him some credence given Durant missed like half that season. But we could say '21 was a wash...

'16 was Steph's peak year and you could argue he was the best player in ball that regular season, but I don't remember it being widely accepted that he was a better player than Durant........it was just, "holy shyt, do you see the year this guy Steph is having"....

So I'd agree that, certainly before the 2020-21 season, there is no definitive year you could say Steph was a better player than Durant. But you could definitely, at minimum, give Durant the first 6 years of Steph's career, that he was a better player than Steph, and again most people in the moment accepted that KD was better, when they played together. This shyt about Steph being better for those 3 years is a complete revision of what the common view of them both was at the time...
To be fair KD kinda brought this down on himself with his missteps after GS.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is it cap when it’s never happened?:mjtf:

He couldn’t that’s why they ran to get KD in the first place. KD was brought in to guarantee that the Warriors wouldn’t lose in a series again to Lebron’s cavs.

No they been talking to kd during the season before the playoffs were even started

GilSho

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Lost to the Grizzlies WITHOUT Ja at home with their Big 3 all suited up. :picard:

Fortunately for them the Warriors/Lakers are somehow worse so they should make the Play-Ins at the very least

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
No clue why they got any title contender hype
Booker is an excellent player and KD is still great obviously but Beal being the piece to put them over the top is laughable. That guy has barely played any meaningful basketball in his career

Breh they barely ever played together :mjlol:

How many more games do they need? KD will be asking for a trade by the deadline. This is a play in team at best. Poorly constructed.

KD to OKC trade don’t sound too bad.

Last edited: