KD might've created another failed Superteam

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 finals mvps indicate otherwise. You can't be far more important than a player that wins finals mvp I don't give a damn how yall try to spin it

One of those mvps should of been Steph and Durant only won thoses because he was getting stuck one on one

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again.

Steph could not beat Lebron cavs when they were healthy without KD. No KD no wins in 2017 and 2018.

And KD did the same to Bron and then swept him the following year.

Step could beat the the cavs even if they were healthy they would of won that first chip regardless and LeBron did some ho ass shyt and got Draymond suspended in the second year they would of lost in 5

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll never understand the revisionism on both sides of the KD thing. It's simple...

His 3 years in The Bay, he was the best player on that team. Not the most important. Not the leader. But he was the best player on that team. He should forever get his flowers for being the best player on a team that had Steph Curry, and I hate how we act like muhfukkas weren't alive and didn't see that Durant was a better player in real time...

At the same time, Curry has inched ahead of him historically, simply because Curry's resume without Durant, is better than Durant's without Curry. And, Steph has aged better too, he's the better basketball player now and has been for a couple years...

At the same time there is no massive gap between the two, people fronting like it is are lying. Steph's had a great career but it isn't so great that he should be viewed as if he's always been better than Durant, because he wasn't....

And yet at the same time, we have seen, now in the 14th year, Durant's not-Golden State career. It's a Hall one but isn't a Top 15 one, which is where most of us place him now. Granted this season isn't over, but in 14 non-GS years, that's a whole ass basketball career, he's 0-1 in Finals, 1-3 in WCF. Hasn't been out of Rd2, without GS, in almost 8 years. Has multiple playoff chokes on his resume outside GS...

He's a unique player with a unique career and word to the brother Soul, a lot of yall would hold him much closer to Harden if he didn't have the GS run...

No Steph was the better better player when they were playing together too idga damn about those finals mvps

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
No Steph was the better better player when they were playing together too idga damn about those finals mvps
I don't give a fukk about the Finals MVPs either and you've never heard me mention them...

You thought Steph was better when they were together, I think Durant was. Ti quote the good brother @fifth column , the consensus in real time when those two were playing together, was that Durant was the best Warrior. I'm not about revising what we all saw, even if Steph's having a better close to his career and is the better player now...

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I don't give a fukk about the Finals MVPs either and you've never heard me mention them...

You thought Steph was better when they were together, I think Durant was. Ti quote the good brother @fifth column , the consensus in real time when those two were playing together, was that Durant was the best Warrior. I'm not about revising what we all saw, even if Steph's having a better close to his career and is the better player now...
It wasn't large enough to be the consensus. There was still a healthy amount of people that viewed it as Steph's team, and it was like that throughout most of each year.

It was literally only just up until the finals would start that we would get the debate Of who's better

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It wasn't large enough to be the consensus. There was still a healthy amount of people that viewed it as Steph's team, and it was like that throughout most of each year.

It was literally only just up until the finals would start that we would get the debate Of who's better
It was definitely the consensus. This is all revionist. Playoffs are what people watch when it comes to the NBA and KD was the big dawg. Dude was dropping 50 point games without Steph against the Clippers.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang

People thought KD was the better player but I think most agreed Steph was the most important player and the engine for the team

Even in the finals I remember Cleveland’s priority on defense was Steph and they said as much

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

It was never KD's team and I remember noticeably more people believing Durant was the better player, though...
People thought KD was the better player but I think most agreed Steph was the most important player and the engine for the team

Even in the finals I remember Cleveland’s priority on defense was Steph and they said as much
100%!

• Dap
Reactions: No1

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
It was never KD's team and I remember noticeably more people believing Durant was the better player, though...

100%!
Some people viewed curry as the best player because he was the most important. But many - including me - did feel that KD was the ultimate weapon, as he was a mismatch and better closer

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Some people viewed curry as the best player because he was the most important. But many - including me - did feel that KD was the ultimate weapon, as he was a mismatch and better closer
KD's inclusion to that roster added an air of fear and unstoppability to that team, an already GREAT team, that had something missing. An already great team with Steph Curry. More people favored Durant as the better player of the two, and that sentiment was heightened when we watched the 2019 Finals...

Again, I have Steph ahead of him historically by a few, and I think he's been a better player than Durant since their split. That's basically 4 years, 3 if you subtract the '20 season they've both missed...

Steph's been the better player of the two for 3 to 4 years. Steph had the higher peak. Steph is a better #1 and is more accomplished player, period...

But Durant was the better player when they played together, and from Steph's career beginning in 2009 thru at minimum 2015, Durant was the better player...

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
The Warriors were 32-4 when Curry played and Durant sat out during that Steph-KD Run

KD is literally the most overrated player of the last 30 years. They really didn't need him.......he just made them completely unstoppable.

I literally will not entertain any nonsense about KD being the better player because the results before, during and afterwards say otherwise.

Could you imagine if Lebron sat and Kyrie and Love went 32-4 without him? THIRTY TWO AND FOUR?

fifth column

Superstar
Daps

I agree, we cannot unsee it cause people like Steph and want to see him be great. KD was the unquestionable best player on GS. Him joining Steph is what made it unfair. It was still Steph’s team but 2 things can be true.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
The Warriors were 32-4 when Curry played and Durant sat out during that Steph-KD Run

KD is literally the most overrated player of the last 30 years. They really didn't need him.......he just made them completely unstoppable.

I literally will not entertain any nonsense about KD being the better player because the results before, during and afterwards say otherwise.

Could you imagine if Lebron sat and Kyrie and Love went 32-4 without him? THIRTY TWO AND FOUR?
They did win 73 games and made it to the finals the year before KD joined. It’s safe to say they had a good team so 32-4 means little. KD was needed for his superior iso skills in the playoffs when all that running around got bottled up. They ain’t need KD to win in the regular season