IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
brehs, its a been a minute. For my cloud brehs, whats the next lick?:shaq::demonic:
What was the old lick?

I started studying for the AWS Cloud Practitioner cert. I know it’s not really for technical people, but I need the win.

If it goes well, I’ll keeping going and study for the Solutions Architect one.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
What was the old lick?

I started studying for there and it AWS Cloud Practitioner cert. I know it’s not really for technical people, but I need the win.

Overemployed. working multiple gigs

DrDoom

All Star
Daps
What was the old lick?

I started studying for the AWS Cloud Practitioner cert. I know it’s not really for technical people, but I need the win.

I did this. I got the practitioner done, and am studying for the solutions architect. Practitioner helped me build off the solutions architect. You get the confidence

Flexington

All Star
Daps
It's been a decade since I've been on the job hunt, but here we are :francis:

Besides utilizing my LinkedIn network, anyone have some decent sites for job searching/applying?
I mainly worked in VoIP - Cisco specifically from the CUCM side up to the Contact Center solutioning.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
How's the job market looking? I am noticing a lot of jobs want to put you in the 120K to 130K range for senior levels. My job is about the same but the pay structure absolutely suck ass. If you are not on projects, you get screwed pay wise although they adjust the projects as you go to make sure it is fair at the end of the year. If I get QSA certified then I will get paid way more.

I just love that they leave me the F alone. Literally if on a friday I have no call, I can literally be at the gym hooping. No calls at until 12, I can sleep until 11 as long management can reach out to me. I honestly do not want to live with this level of freedom. The biggest issue is travel for me but many clients are remote now and on the cloud.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Amazon Web Services is 'streamlining' operations in 'a few targeted areas,' spokesperson says
Amazon.com Inc. is trimming hundreds of jobs from its AWS cloud-computing business in its latest round of layoffs aimed at slashing costs.
Amazon Web Services on Wednesday said the cutbacks will affect several hundred jobs in sales, marketing and global services, as well as hundreds more from the physical stores technology team.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Amazon Web Services is 'streamlining' operations in 'a few targeted areas,' spokesperson says
Amazon.com Inc. is trimming hundreds of jobs from its AWS cloud-computing business in its latest round of layoffs aimed at slashing costs.
Amazon Web Services on Wednesday said the cutbacks will affect several hundred jobs in sales, marketing and global services, as well as hundreds more from the physical stores technology team.

Damn, thought they were done rolling heads lol.

Daps
Looking for certifications to get me paid. Anything that I can use to get a job without prior experience would be amazing.
I don't have IT experience but I have limited experience programming.

Daps
How's the job market looking? I am noticing a lot of jobs want to put you in the 120K to 130K range for senior levels. My job is about the same but the pay structure absolutely suck ass. If you are not on projects, you get screwed pay wise although they adjust the projects as you go to make sure it is fair at the end of the year. If I get QSA certified then I will get paid way more.

I just love that they leave me the F alone. Literally if on a friday I have no call, I can literally be at the gym hooping. No calls at until 12, I can sleep until 11 as long management can reach out to me. I honestly do not want to live with this level of freedom. The biggest issue is travel for me but many clients are remote now and on the cloud.
How do I get into what you're doing where I actually have a work life balance. Sounds like you have a good life.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
How do I get into what you're doing where I actually have a work life balance. Sounds like you have a good life.

Honestly, it's just company culture. As long as I meet my deadline, I don't get bothered much. The biggest thing is the traveling. Lately, I haven't been travel due to most clients being cloud heavy but from july to november, I was traveling every two weeks and I had no work life balance. It takes a toll but I am not micro managed at all.

Look at jobs that require your CISA. Check my old posts. It could be as simple as you getting your security plus or having to grind and grind with various certs, labs to get what you want.