IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Real talk y'all need to leave the cert game behind and start focusing on this AI shyt. We're at the start of the biggest technological revolution we've ever seen in our lives.
I wanna say this shyt is witchcraft because it keeps blowing my fukking mind :mindblown:

I just built my first ChatGPT based app yesterday and it was easier than logging in and posting on the coli :wow:

Right now I'm figuring out how to build my own large language model at home so I won't have to rely on OpenAI's infrastructure and I can customize it to my liking.

I even joined a tech incubator and started working on a pitch deck. I'm gonna try and do a 30k seed round for an AI server to run my custom LLM model.

I've never even attempted to raise money before but this AI shyt got me so excited I feel like anything is possible now.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has A+ helped you with finding employment or promoting to a different I.T. position?
It did allow me to get trained in desktop support at my work and I did get put up to take over the position once the previous guy got fired. However, it would have required me to switch to a different company, so I passed because the benefits and PTO wasn’t as good in the new company as it is in my current one

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Real talk y'all need to leave the cert game behind and start focusing on this AI shyt. We're at the start of the biggest technological revolution we've ever seen in our lives.
I wanna say this shyt is witchcraft because it keeps blowing my fukking mind :mindblown:

I just built my first ChatGPT based app yesterday and it was easier than logging in and posting on the coli :wow:

Right now I'm figuring out how to build my own large language model at home so I won't have to rely on OpenAI's infrastructure and I can customize it to my liking.

I even joined a tech incubator and started working on a pitch deck. I'm gonna try and do a 30k seed round for an AI server to run my custom LLM model.

I've never even attempted to raise money before but this AI shyt got me so excited I feel like anything is possible now.
This is real foolish talk.
If you want to program program, but AI isn't the end all be all and its more BS and marketing than any real foundational change.
Get your certs, most importantly get your eperience.
If you are FBA its not a choice you need both if you want the higher level and paying positions as you advance in your career

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

I applaud you, but I don't see 30K cutting it. OpenAI is spending Millions of dollars. hell the Nvidia H100 or whatever cost 100k+.

The problem with these LLM is they take a lot of compute power and not only that, The world's best programmers are working on this stuff. I follow a couple of them on Linked-In, they are all mostly PhD's.

not to discourage you. But the Math( Linear Algebra, probability & Statistics, Calculus etc. ) behind this stuff is crazy and I hope know you know Data Structures & Algorithms inside and out.

Regular programming is already hard enough( just came off a migration project from Asp.net to Asp.net core 8 ). Took us months.

The stuff has motivated me to get back into Math & Physics, so again I'm not trying to say don't do it, just know what you are in for.

try contributing to a couple of open source LLM's and see all it takes.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

This is real foolish talk.
If you want to program program, but AI isn't the end all be all and its more BS and marketing than any real foundational change.
Get your certs, most importantly get your eperience.
If you are FBA its not a choice you need both if you want the higher level and paying positions as you advance in your career
Yeah, I would think AI has more of an effect on the computer programming/Software engineer side than the entry-level IT support & field jobs.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Any following this Change Health attack? It's a lot bigger than people realize. Prayers to all those patients/Healthcare workers dealing with this mess.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Whats going on with this? Any info or links?

Not sure how much I can say but during the whole ATT outage, Change Health got hit with a nasty cyber attack taking down their systems causing a lot of places to be unable to verify insurance. Won't know the full details/extent of the damage probably for another few weeks/months but it was pretty bad. Figured that more folks on here in the IT world would have been impacted by this but it possible that they are unable to say much like me due to legal reasons.