Regardless of how well Swerve's promo goes, on Collison, AEW shows how much storytelling matters?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dap is another way to co-sign. I see you dapping all these dudes I argue with. That’s why I’m going for your neck when I can. You don’t want this e-beef so you stay hiding behind the crowd and cheering them on. :heh:
Holy shyt. This is the most pathetic thing I've read in a while. :laff:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
@Art Barr

Kyle Fletcher is the ROH tv champion. The ROH champion is Mark Briscoe. So wasn't really a case of burying the roh championship.

I don't know if I would classify Fletcher as a bum. The match was decent and he had a good match as well with Ospreay not long ago. He's got one of the ROH belts and is in one of the current relevant factions in AEW. So he's able to be used in roles like that. Especially with Hobbs being seen as more of the muscle and Takeshyta as the potential main event star. That match didn't scream out main event of ppv potential type but as a average weekly show match to keep them busy. I mean it's only been one week so who knows what else they got planned. Now comparing to the other side, don't see what the difference may be with a promo vs a match. Especially considering what is happening this coming weekend. First off with Priest who I think cut some promo Raw after mania but not sure if he was even on this past Monday. Facing Jey Uso who seems more like a glorified hypeman and I feel that without the bloodline thing isn't gonna be as successful since he'll always be tied to them and his brother. Plus not like he's expected to win anyways. And then also Cody. Don't think he'll have a story as successful as the one with the bloodline, especially since now that he "finished the story". Plus he's facing AJ Styles who while great and has had a great career, isn't really seen as a potential champion. AJ is great for spots like this as being a decent challenger for the title, whether as a face or heel. He lost to Seth in the finals to the heavyweight championship and is now Cody first opponent for the universal championship. Seems like he has been in that role before, as someone they can throw in to a championship match when a body is needed. But neither match screams out excitement. I've heard plenty of complaints online about the card in general of course the Cody and AJ match being likely the best one on the card. But even with the segment with The Rock, it hasn't done much for Cody. Especially since they had those triple threat matches instead of having AJ confront him. But then he did lose at mania so maybe that wouldn't have been a good idea. Rock is gone so there's nobody to help in that role. Wrestling a match or cutting a promo won't matter if the next few weeks aren't interesting.

tv title = roh world title
the roh tv title is the industry litmus heat check title.
same difference.

especially since the roh title is being used as a legacy pat on the back run for mark Briscoe. By burying the roh tv title. It makes it worse. As anyone who is a casual has no idea who tha fukk mark Briscoe is. Plus khan does not know the legacies of his workers. Which is all indie wrasslin is about. These workers not having to become a new narrative. From what brought them to the dance pre or post McMahon.

i feel you on you nikkaz think you get some i gotcha moment on trying to find some array of attack versus the goat.

yet i wish someone of you would know the topic in full. Before trying to run this work.
thinking you getting somewhere trying to dissect content from me. When you have no alternative commentary or quality from your posting history. To help you in this errant idea you are goi g to supplant my draw or brain trust.

good luck with that.

all you did was prove my point even more so.
i was trying to not bring attention to Briscoe. Given the emotion. Involved with the legacy booking decision to have Briscoe win the title over another pat on the back reign from lazy ass Eddie Kingston.

art barr

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was not aware of the history, integrity, and importance of the roh tv title. I am hereby fully informed now. :hubie:

Don't take offense to that.... these aren't the same titles anymore. I mean technically they have the same lineage but Tony Khan hasn't done a whole lot with the promotion since he bought it out. They have a TV show that's only available on the website and every now and then they have a PPV. It's not the same like when ROH was a traveling promotion all over PA, NY, CT, etc...

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Don't take offense to that.... these aren't the same titles anymore. I mean technically they have the same lineage but Tony Khan hasn't done a whole lot with the promotion since he bought it out. They have a TV show that's only available on the website and every now and then they have a PPV. It's not the same like when ROH was a traveling promotion all over PA, NY, CT, etc...
Technically the gates and buys for the PPVs are among the best for ROH. But it's ROH in name only. It feels more like WWECW did than a separate promotion. One positive is the women's division is able to get opportunities they would not on the main shows.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
oh i was being sarcastic regarding the part where "tv title = roh world title". didn't know about them having the same lineage. i just thought the one Briscoe held was more important and having Fletcher lose had nothing to do with him being an ROH champ since that was separate from AEW. Feel like thats if Cody beats the NXT North American Champion in a match on SD. I think that Femi guy still has it or whatever his name was. But like he's a champion but not the main champion type of thing. But yeah I feel where you coming from especially on how the promotion has changed in recent times tho I never really followed it when it was bigger.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
oh i was being sarcastic regarding the part where "tv title = roh world title". didn't know about them having the same lineage. i just thought the one Briscoe held was more important and having Fletcher lose had nothing to do with him being an ROH champ since that was separate from AEW. Feel like thats if Cody beats the NXT North American Champion in a match on SD. I think that Femi guy still has it or whatever his name was. But like he's a champion but not the main champion type of thing. But yeah I feel where you coming from especially on how the promotion has changed in recent times tho I never really followed it when it was bigger.

Dope.

What I feel khan is missing out on using these companies as rhe real narrative and legacy of these legends.

The wwe...well mcmahon era.
Since we are in a new publically traded wwe. Who are building post mcmahon.

Aew needs to realize. They are the public voice of every person.
that will wrassle.
or ever wrassle moving forward.

Aew is not just some company.

Aew is the narrative of wrasslin in domestic America.

As every guy whether little or small. If they were good. Aew is supposed to be the place where they got to say they were good to hof worthy inring domestically in the United States.
It is like the crowning moment of someone lacing up the boots. Plus the only public outlet we have ever had that was world wide and based on if that grappler was a headliner in skill inring.

Roh is even more so. The place where the legacy of the best shooter technical inring guy or girl legacy is written in history. Khan needs to realize after post mcmahon monopoly. The company and the Indy heroes who saved wraslin he partnered with. Are literally the little engines that could and did win a real war.

Art Barr

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
It’s fukkin weird how these guys act. That Indy spot where they jumped the ropes was dumb. Sure, it woulda looked cool if they landed it, but it’s still indy. Just like the Logan Paul/Ricoxhet spots.

Just because it’s in the E they’re all :gladbron:, but let it happen on AEW or an Indy show and it woulda been :scust: no matter if it landed or not. :snoop:
That indy shyt hurts WWE too.

I think this is why you keep seeing so many catastrophic injuries in modern wrestling, especially with the women.

It seems like 1/2 of NXT's women have torn their ACLs

Too much stuff on the apron & the floors, too.

That's how Big E broke his neck.

It's like everybody is trying to be a mix of Mick Foley & The Hardys and killing themselves in the process.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A short video recap of Swerve's win & then a short promo was all we needed. Something like this would've been perfect on Wednesday:

Yup, I was rather excited for Swerve becoming champ as I've thought he could be a top player for AEW for a long time, and seeing it actualize is cool. But the actualization has me with the :jbhmm: face already saying "Please don't drop the ball with this guy".

We'll see but already my excitement has been downplayed directly from how AEW has been rolling it out.