Growing up in this part of the US is elite everywhere else is mid

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
People saying San Diego...lol. The weather is great, no disputing that. But tell me why all of the "hot spots" in the city are nothing but whites and Mexicans...
Yes SD has lost many blacks since I arrived back in the late 90s, but it's a great place. If you can plant your flag out here, you'll find many above average blacks out here. But you can't be here just surviving or you'll think it sucks. I have a good circle of black friends and associates out here and nobody is broke in our group, and it really doesn't matter about " black hot spots" because what does that even mean.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Yeah the bolded is the biggest issue I have with topics like this. Y'all can never convince me that regions which are net losing black people are somehow better than regions that are net gaining black people. If the place was what y'all say it is, it'd reflect in our migration patterns.
Some places are more expensive

Going by your logic the hood is better for black ppl than gated communities with good schools ..

UpNext

All Star
Daps
Some places are more expensive

Going by your logic the hood is better for black ppl than gated communities with good schools ..
Nah going by my logic I look at a city like Raleigh and see what the schools are looking like and see what the black middle class is looking like and see why folks are moving to a city like that and wondering if these numbers I'm looking at exist up north.

What scale are folks grading themselves on to say things like this? Are y'all looking at black QOL numbers or are you grading on a scale based on some weird proximity to whiteness that is not manifesting itself in the actual community which is why this community is shrinking and this other middle class community is growing?

Y'all grading these cities on the same scale as white millennials or are y'all actually looking at your black reality and making this assessment?

Last edited:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Nah going by my logic I look at a city like Raleigh and see what the schools are looking like and see what the black middle class is looking like and see why folks are moving to a city like that and wondering if these numbers I'm looking at exist up north.

What scale are folks grading themselves on to say things like this? Are y'all looking at black QOL numbers or are you grading on a scale based on some weird proximity to whiteness that is not manifesting itself in the actual community which is why this community is shrinking and this other middle class community is growing?

Y'all grading these cities on the same scale as white millennials or are y'all actually looking at your black reality and making this assessment?
If Raleigh cost the same as manhattan would black people still move there ? It’s a simple yes or no

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I can’t even front. Growing up in the burbs of Pittsburgh as a young breh was damn near perfect.

I was insulated from the general fukkery of PA. I of course created my own fukkery :unsure:

I lived in safety. Crime free area

The neighborhood had no traffic other than the people who lived there.

No renters. Everybody was a home owner and with that came a sense of responsibility

Had all 4 seasons. Plenty of skiing and snow boarding in the winter. Bikes and skateboards in the summer.

Had many adventures roaming with my brehs on bmx’s.

I did move back during covid to help my folks out. I was :picard: Outside of my little home town bubble the city was a shythole.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: a Delaware?

What about the West Coast, Texas?
Not elite?
I'm sure there are other places

Delaware is elite :yeshrug:

Philly is 30 mins away, Baltimore is 1 hour away, DC/NYC/Beaches 2 hours away.

We have our fun then go back to our places to chill :yeshrug:

It's no different than someone being in a Bay Area suburb driving into San Francisco to have fun on the weekend. It may be different states but, the distance to Philly is the same for us. I remember living in Tennessee and realizing I took for granted how great it was being in the middle of 4-5 cities because Memphis and Nashville didn't hit the same.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
I was born and raised in Detroit, I still live there. My 25 year old nephew who was also born and raised in Detroit, took a family vacation to southern California, 6 months later he was full time resident.

Me. From Detroit and still in Michigan. Got family out in California and visit frequently. Moving my family to SoCal in 1-2 years. Over the cold weather and there’s nothing to do out here compared to California

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
:mjlol:California dry as fukk nikka stop it.

Michigan to me just ain’t it. Every time I visit California I always have a good time and don’t wanna come back here. The weather, mountains/beaches, activities, entertainment, food>>>>>

Just me though :hubie: I’d rather live in Chicago over Michigan/detroit because it’s more active and lively imo