Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon -Action Game of The Year- 2023

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On my list for this summer. I enjoyed the hell out of MechWarrior 5 (very different from Armored Core games but the spirit is there) so this excites me.

Before I saw the announcement, I was on Ebay looking to buy copies of Armored Core from ps1 all the way through PS2. Every one of them.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Game is still $30 at walmart. Seen it at quite a few different locations.
After playing it for 3 hours or so I definitely recommend it.
The mission structure actually works really well for how busy life has been for me this last year.
Down side for me is the narrative is almost non-existent. Just straight up shoot shoot dodge move weave shoot shoot.
Nothing necessarily "wrong" with that. I just like my games to have a strong narrative along with all the shoot shoot dodge move weave shoot shoot.
Very dope game though. Happy I bought it and should have gotten it sooner.
I do wish it had co-op especially with the missions that already incorporate AI team mates.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
The mission structure actually works really well for how busy life has been for me this last year.
Down side for me is the narrative is almost non-existent. Just straight up shoot shoot dodge move weave shoot shoot.
Nothing necessarily "wrong" with that. I just like my games to have a strong narrative along with all the shoot shoot dodge move weave shoot shoot.
I do wish it had co-op especially with the missions that already incorporate AI team mates.
The story is there you just have to listen to all the briefings and find misson logs out on missions to piece it together typical fromsoft shyt

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
That’s a from soft game through and through, I am like you which is why I don’t even bother with their games anymore. I paid full price for Elden ring because George R.R Martin was involved but soon came to regret it. A great game with similar combat and a great narrative is Star Wars fallen order and Jedi Survivor.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That’s a from soft game through and through, I am like you which is why I don’t even bother with their games anymore. I paid full price for Elden ring because George R.R Martin was involved but soon came to regret it. A great game with similar combat and a great narrative is Star Wars fallen order and Jedi Survivor.
Fallen order and Jedi survivor are criminally overlooked. They’re both phenomenal and should be applauded for having so much depth in combat, a great difficulty curve, and great story. Cutscenes are often skippable. I’d rather have cutscenes and dialogue than almost nothing at all and if a person doesn’t care for any of that they can just skip it

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Fallen order and Jedi survivor are criminally overlooked. They’re both phenomenal and should be applauded for having so much depth in combat, a great difficulty curve, and great story. Cutscenes are often skippable. I’d rather have cutscenes and dialogue than almost nothing at all and if a person doesn’t care for any of that they can just skip it
The Jedi games are “movie games” done right :ohlawd:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
The Ayre boss fight....:wow: I actually beat her on the first try. I came back later to run it back for the heck of if and man :whew: might be a top 5 FromSoftware boss battle for me. These MF were on crack designing this