even tho Jay lost the battle to Nas I think The Takover still knocks

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
One thing that don't get talked about anymore is that the "Smarten up, Nas" thing became a meme for Nas taking L's that persisted for well over a decade. I remember downloading old Foxxhole episodes from a website called that. It wasn't until Nas started making real money moves with Mass Appeal etc did it finally die out.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
One thing that don't get talked about anymore is that the "Smarten up, Nas" thing became a meme for Nas taking L's that persisted for well over a decade. I remember downloading old Foxxhole episodes from a website called that. It wasn't until Nas started making real money moves with Mass Appeal etc did it finally die out.

"We don't believe you, you need more people" became a thing as well

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Stillmatic freestyle and Eye for an eye freestyle >>>>>>

The tangential songs in the battle are for sure better than the main event tracks

People Talking >

What’s the track where Jigga said something to the effect of “Does this fukk Nas think that he’s Pac because that tattoo that he got and that video he shot” ? I wanna say it was part of the Euro Jay freestyles

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
The shyt Jay pulled on P was corny "oh he put a picture of P when he 8 at grandmother dance school" his stans ate that bullshyt up:childplease::martin:. It was typical of Jay stans especially at the time worship anything the nikka did :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

“Smarten Up Nas” was the Jigga stans calling card, their bat signal, their trump card. I remember it started dying a little after Nas and Jay made peace and the stan coalition (briefly) reunited. Then it flared it up when Nas went to Def Jam and Jigga stans tried to run with “Jay is Nas boss” scenario. It went dormant again after Nas dropped Hip Hop Is Dead and outsold Jeezy. By 2012 when Life Is Good dropped it was pretty much a thing of the past.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The shyt Jay pulled on P was corny "oh he put a picture of P when he 8 at grandmother dance school" his stans ate that bullshyt up:childplease::martin:. It was typical of Jay stans especially at the time worship anything the nikka did :mjlol:
And he never refuted what P called him out for, being a nobody during the golden years and then calling out NY for being soft since Snoop kicked down the buildings.

What hurt P wasn't these disses, it was his health and his relationship with Hav deteriorating. Check out his solo work vs his post-Murda Muzik Mobb Deep input and you can tell that yes his voice changes - but he saved his best shyt for his solo work.

While Jay and Nas were dissing he also had legit QB goons setting him up and cats like Cormega sitting in the car while it happened, Havoc being quiet as a churchmouse and Nas already had friction with him. On top terrible sicklecell attacks. He literally had bigger fish to fry so he threw jabs at Hov, but he didn't pay it much attention.

And his most direct line was 💯 "baby pictures?".