BREAKING: The Washington Wizards are trading three-time All-Star Bradley Beal to the Phoenix Suns for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, second-rounders

lib123

All Star
Daps
Like I and many others said,

:hubie:

Bottom 5 situation in the NBA right now in terms of long term future, it will take a miracle to get out of this hole

Lol people on here were laughing when I said they should flip Beal for Ben Simmons. That’s the only path it seems for them to get draft capital.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lol people on here were laughing when I said they should flip Beal for Ben Simmons. That’s the only path it seems for them to get draft capital.
Who's getting draft capital in that deal?
Cause no team is trading picks for Bradley Beal at this stage of his career
Even if it is for a loser like Simmons

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Not at all. Simmons comes off the books after next season

Beal has 3 years left on his deal. Suns will need to attach draft capital to get someone else to take his deal and they don’t have any. Not to mention he has a NTC

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Not at all. Simmons comes off the books after next season

Beal has 3 years left on his deal. Suns will need to attach draft capital to get someone else to take his deal and they don’t have any. Not to mention he has a NTC
What's incredible is the Wizards didn't give up any draft capital in offloading the contract.

Michael Winger and Will Dawkins already ahead of the last 20 years of Ernie Grunfeld and Tommy Sheppard...

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Unfortunately he immediately choked by taking on Jordan Poole's contract which is the second worst in the league 😭
In hindsight, yes. Perhaps retaining CP3's expiring would have been more valuable. At the same time, Poole is 24 years old, has talent, and it was a reasonable gamble to flip CP3 to GSW for him... and to take flyers on Baldwin and Rollins. Too bad Rollins decided to shop lift from CVS while making $1.5M..

Wizards should have kept Trayce Jackson-Davis.

Was it Tommy or Ted that gave Beal that contract WITH the no-trade clause?

Both. But Ted is the boss. Listen at 16:50 from this question from Ava Wallace and Ted's response on the no-trade clause :laff:

So far, he is letting Winger run all basketball operations as President and staying sort of out of the way. Dawkins runs the Wizards day-to-day as GM.