5/4/24: PBC on PRIME/DAZN PPV: Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia (Undisputed Super Middleweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Well if he was interested in belts he would have just found another opportunity at 168 like Morrel who he avoided. Now that he moved up he took himself out of belt contention and will be back waiting to win the canelo lottery

What was the point of Canelo fighting Kovalev at 175, or talking about fighting at cruiser weight at one point? Why did Tank fight Barrios at 140, but hasn’t fought there again? Again, it’s boxing. You know this stuff already. You’re on this bih everyday. David sees a “scalp” he can add to his resume a division ahead, but he’s not trying to stay there permanently. Y’all dudes be getting hella amnesia like symptoms to justify the rampant ducking these fighters are doing.

Boxing needs more Tim Tzysu’s and less…. “I need 200 million to fight them” and outright corruption from the sanctioning bodies. The fight should’ve been ORDERED, but boxing fans are weird (because y’all are cool with ducking when it’s a fighter you like) and the bodies are bought and paid for.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
What was the point of Canelo fighting Kovalev at 175, or talking about fighting at cruiser weight at one point? Why did Tank fight Barrios at 140, but hasn’t fought there again? Again, it’s boxing. You know this stuff already. You’re on this bih everyday. David sees a “scalp” he can add to his resume a division ahead, but he’s not trying to stay there permanently. Y’all dudes be getting hella amnesia like symptoms to justify the rampant ducking these fighters are doing.

Boxing needs more Tim Tzysu’s and less…. “I need 200 million to fight them” and outright corruption from the sanctioning bodies. The fight should’ve been ORDERED, but boxing fans are weird (because y’all are cool with ducking when it’s a fighter you like) and the bodies are bought and paid for.
The fight was ordered already then David decided to go to 175 to fight a contender... When Canelo moved up to 175 it was to fight a champ both times.. See the difference or nah??

.. Benavidez coulda just fought a scalp at 168 and pushed for contention for all the belts but he's not at 168 any longer no matter how you try to push the duck narritive.. If he's smart he stays at 175 adlnd goes for a belt or 2 there otherwise Canelo really has no reason to fight him other than to satisfy his haters on social media that will never be satisfied

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
If he's truly carving his own legacy the why would he NOT be going to 175 permanently? Why wouldn't he be going for titles there instead of going back to 168 and putting himself back in a position for the "Canelo is slowing his career" excuse..
Say what? He is the mandatory..the real question. The only question is how hasnt Canelo been stripped...he fought another midfleweight instead of a real contender and they dressed it up like it was a reak title defense...absolutely pitiful. Those commentators are some of the gayest motherfukkers in sports too..Acting like he was putting on world class boxing lesson...lol

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
This is the first time I bet on a fight and won $200. Thanks, Canelo, what thread can I go to for more sports betting?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Must be under a rock or no Mexican people in my life anymore because I didn’t even know until now

am watching and haven’t seen resulta can anyone get me a good quality video link? This yt one with the cuts sucks

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
Must be under a rock or no Mexican people in my life anymore because I didn’t even know until now

am watching and haven’t seen resulta can anyone get me a good quality video link? This yt one with the cuts sucks

from reddit:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Say what? He is the mandatory..the real question. The only question is how hasnt Canelo been stripped...he fought another midfleweight instead of a real contender and they dressed it up like it was a reak title defense...absolutely pitiful. Those commentators are some of the gayest motherfukkers in sports too..Acting like he was putting on world class boxing lesson...lol
Benavidez had already made his decision to go to 175 BEFORE Canelo chose his next opponent..

Benavidez did this AFTER the fight was ordered between him and Canelo who was told by the WBC if he didn't fight Benavidez next he would be stripped...

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Benavidez had already made his decision to go to 175 BEFORE Canelo chose his next opponent..

Benavidez did this AFTER the fight was ordered between him and Canelo who was told by the WBC if he didn't fight Benavidez next he would be stripped...
He been waiting 3 years...so hes going after thevlight heavy kings with a tune up like anyone in history.

Canelo wasnt stripped and he fought flakes instead though.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
He been waiting 3 years...so hes going after thevlight heavy kings with a tune up like anyone in history.

Canelo wasnt stripped and he fought flakes instead though.
Right lol he waited 3 yrs then the moment the fight was ordered.. the moment WBC mandates Canelo fights Benavidez next or be stripped.. What does Benavidez do?? He leaves 168.. cant make this shyt

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Rewatched it. This was a good ass scrap. And pretty much zero clinching. Just non stop back and forth. Canelo's stamina looked better than ever. Averaged 45 punches per round too. Only wanna see him be better defensively. He was getting lazy at times. Leaving his hands down. But think he wanted to put on a show for the fans.

I was impressed with mungias defense. Solid high guard. But canelo just makes you pay for every mistake and that was the difference. Canelo vs David gonna be a straight up fade. But canelo's chin and timing will be the difference. He only needs one bomb and he's gonna find it.